I am trying to review multiple dimensions in my Tableau workbook using one field do you have any solutions?
You can easily review all your dimensions by creating a parameter and a parameter filter to switch between each of your desired dimensions. We will first build the parameter.
1. Select create parameter from the down caret to the right of Data on the upper left side of the screen.
2. Name the parameter “Select Dimension” and change the format to “String” and “List”
3. Add each dimension on the left and the name will copy to the right side of the list. You can change what is seen when you view the parameter on the right side of the list:
4. After you create your parameter, you can now create your filter which is a calculation that uses a “CASE” statement.
5. Right-click on the parameter “Select Dimension” which is now under Parameter on the left bottom of your screen, to build out your calculation:
6. Drag the “Select Dimension Filter” on the row shelf, right-click and show filter
7. Right-click the “Select Dimension” parameter, and show parameter
8. Add any measured value to the column or text on the marks to review output.
Note: If one of the “Select Dimension Filter” is a Null go back to your calculation and/or Parameter to ensure the name is spelled correctly.